Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Helvetica

I never really thought of typefaces like this before. I never thought of them as a profession, a passion, and a planned constructed craft. They were always just words to me. But now I realize that typeface can affect emotions, attitudes, and the way we view things. Helvetica is something that has been in my life since I started learning how to read, but I never really paid attention to it. I never looked at a sing and thought "that's helvetica." I never even heard of helvetica before this was a requirement to watch. But I'm glad that I was finally introduced to it as a young artist still in training rather than later on in my career. This film made me realize how important text can be in art, especially graphic design. And it really made me realize that text, whether reading it in everyday life, or incorporating it into art can be taken granted of. I wont take text for granted anymore, not after watching this film, which was oddly good. When it first started I thought it was going to be dull and a drag to get through, but it really wasn't.

No comments:

Post a Comment