Monday, November 15, 2010

ART NIGHTS! WOO!-The inspiration for my final project

Ok so my boyfriend and I and some of out friends started this little thing we like to call art nights. Its amazing! we all get together at someones apartment and just hangout and paint all night long. We paint on any surface you can imagine. Just to give you some clues as to what we consider good painting surfaces: your typical canvas surface, scrap wood from the wood shop, cardboard, card stock, pumpkins, paper, gift box lids, and GORGES! It's so exciting. I love when we have art nights. What also makes it really fun is that we use to have each person make their own individual paintings, but now we have collaborations. We each start off with our own painting surface. Sometimes we time it but mostly we work until everyone is done. Then we hand our paintings over to the next person clock wise and do the same thing. This keeps going until it gets back to its original owner. Its really really fun and you get some really interesting results. Who ever host the art night on specific nights keep all the work done that night and hang it on the wall. I like to hang my stuff from the ceiling so they spin because most of the work that was done at my house is double sided. I love art nights so much that I decided I am going to host art night every week at my place until the end of the semester so that I can collect the work and use it in my final project.

No comments:

Post a Comment